Hmmm . . . I hadn't really given this a lot of thought. I already have another regular blog that I struggle to update a few times a week. Now will I be awash with new guilty feelings if I don't pop over here to my pink apartment as well? We shall see.
My general plan is to use this place to vent. I have strong feelings about a lot of issues and I feel like I have to be so careful on my regular blog. It's like I'm not really allowed to have a FEELING, for fuck's sake because disagreeing is so . . . disagreeable and we need to all get along. Well, you know what? I probably don't agree with you. So let's start with something easy.
I used cloth diapers for all my kids. I am using them currently for our baby. I have friends who were all fired up about using cloth diapers for THEIR babies and then chickened out. "Oh, I should switch," is what I hear now. But then they just sit on their assess and keep filling their trashcans with disposables. I act all nice and understanding, "Oh yes, it's hard to make the transition from no kids to one kid," but really I just think, "Get your shit together. I have three kids AND am working and I can use cloth. It is not hard unless you are missing your washing machine button pushing finger. Quit whining about how much money you're losing by buying disposables. Grow a pair."
Speaking of which, I have no sympathy when my friends with one fucking kid talk about how overwhelming it is, how tired they are, how tough parenting is. One kid is easy. I don't care if that one kid is the most demanding child on the face of the earth. THERE IS ONLY ONE! You are not caring for a demanding child while someone else is clinging to your leg and someone else is filling the sink with toothpaste. You are not caring for multiple kids while trying to get ready for work so you can leave when your husband gets home. You are not trying to buy groceries and keep 3 kids entertained and out of other people's way. So shut up about how hard it is to have your one kid.
Man, I'm cranky, aren't I? Get used to it. I'm pissed off about a lot of stuff and I think it'll be nice and therapeutic to vomit it up here.